August 11, 2011

The Perfect Wedding.

First of all, the engagement ring.
As sang by Marilyn Monroe, 'Diamonds are a girl's best friend'. Yes indeed.
The engagement ring is THE ring which you will find girls flaunting to their friends and relatives.
There is an unspoken rule that the engagement ring should cost about 2-3 times the groom's monthly salary. & of course, prices of the rings depend on the 4Cs: Cut, clarity, colour and carat.
Personally, not to be overly-ambitious, I would say I hope my ring would be between 0.5 carat to 1.

Am quite a fan of the Princess cut.


But you do realise that the engagement ring and way of proposal is entirely up to the groom-to-be to plan. (:

Next up, venue of the solemnization and wedding dinner.
I'm quite an old soul at heart, and I like places with rich history. If I could, I will have my solemnization at Victoria's Concert Hall. Very British-looking building and it's a concert hall, so that perfectly suits my style.


But I realised there's a problem with this, because it clashes with the traditional Chinese way of groom picking up his bride at her place etc. Big question mark here...
Still have lots to learn about how weddings run. (:

As for the wedding dinner venue, I really like Fullerton Hotel. Besides a very regal exterior, the interior ballroom is also breathtakingly beautiful, especially with the staircase.





I've read the blog of LoveBonito's Rachel, and she had her wedding here and I think it's spectacular! Love love love this place!

Then, my dream wedding car to transport us around for the entire day.


A Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet in Beige. (:
Who knows, in the new future I might even be driving this car!

Then, the wedding dress styles that I like.

I'm really fond of unique backless designs, lace mostly.



Followed by long trains, about 1-2 metres would be the ideal one. Elegant enough but not too dramatic.


Liking jewelled bustiers too, as they emphasize more on the bosoms. The only thing about such gowns is that somehow they make you look older.


Another one of my favourites, a simple sweet gown like you see in 'Bride Wars', a creation like Vera Wang's.



The wedding gown is a very important part of the wedding, so do not rush your selection. Take your time, go around each bridal shop and try on as many gowns as you can. (:

Next up, another of my favourites: flower bouquets.


Red roses are wonderful, because they stand for passion and deep love. I believe in passion for everything we do, so roses would be my top choice.





For my walk-in march into the ballroom, my groom and I will sing to 'From this Moment on' by Shania Twain and Bryan White.


Other songs:
"Tonight I celebrate my love" by Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack
"Close" by Westlife
"My Valentine" by Martina McBride
"Till the End" by some guy called Chen Da Wei
"When a Man loves a woman" by Michael Bolton
"When a Woman loves a man" by Westlife
"When you tell me that you love me"

"Wonderful tonight" will be played when we have our first dance.


For my wedding, I'd employ a band. Those who play instruments like Flute, Piano and a bass like Euphonium. I'll play 2 songs for my future hubby: one using the piano and the other on my flute.
I'll ask get my close friends who sing well to take the stage and dedicate songs to us. :D


& there you have it! My perfect wedding!

.






No comments: