May 30, 2010

MELT


Dinner last night with my mom @ MELT, Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
I had 2 vouchers from last year's Xmas party, & after much delay it was near expiration hence, we decided yesterday was THE day. (:


Mandarin Oriental was without doubt, a 5-star hotel.
Of course, from what we learned in Tourism school, Singapore ACTUALLY does not have any official 'star' system. So whenever you see some hotel claim 'I'm 5-star, 3-star' etc, it's pretty much bullshit.
However, we were in awe last night. Not only was the food tantalizing, the service staff treated us like kings/queens! They'd personally guide us to the washrooms and check on our table constantly if everything was in order.
Another aspect we were in awe of, was the swimming pool architecture. We were initally going to leave the lobby, until I saw a sign saying 'Swimming pool on level 5'.
I'm the kind of person that grades the hotel based on the swimming pool area. & to tell the truth: Mandarin Oriental's poolside beats Fairmont hands-down.








My mom was so happy, as it was a good mother-daughter time + great food! She said she hardly eats buffet dinners (because my dad doesn't fancy it; too messy he says), more of high tea at hotels overseas.
Personally, I've not eaten many times too, probably around 9 times? A couple were at Furama Riverfront due to work, once was celebrating Carrie's bdae at Grand Park hotel, a few at Fairmont.
Yesterday's spread could rival Fairmont's PREGO & Equinox.
Happy girl now! Ate so much that I've decided: YUP, IT'S TIME TO START DIETING!

Some 'stalkers' like G immediately sms me & asked me why did I want to diet. By right for my height (1.65), the healthy weight range should be 50-53.
Simple: I'm not ideal enough to myself. Therefore I'm going to lose 3kg.

Speaking of which, here are a few of my new purchases! :D
Some were from F21, which I intend to prepare for Sept-Seoul!






Tomorrow's going to be the day for my CT Scan, & SATC 2 movie with my bitches!
Frankly, I'm scared.

.

No comments: