June 3, 2010

I Miss Cats so.

I was the appointed chef for today because my maid was busy cooking octopus.

(From top left, clockwise:deep-fried potato-luncheon meat with tomato paste, whole-piece sambal egg, sambal kangkong & bak kut teh for soup)

I managed to cook a simple fare after not cooking for some time.
I think cooking is a set of natural skills for me, as I helped out my dad since I was ten. Tonight's food proved that I still HAVE IT.
& Gilbert can probably attest to my cooking, as he used to be my guinea pig in secondary school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Since I'm so free, I watched the Victoria Secrets' Fashion show 2009 just now. I'm a girl/lady/woman, but I find myself oogling at Miranda, Alessandra & even the pregnant Heidi! DARN, those women are hot!

Still bored, I went to watch Youtube videos of kittens + puppies!
When I saw those kittens, I was like OMGOMG! SO CUTE!! I'm instantly reminded of how we first met the Mother Cat (MC)at my old place.
After a few months, she became pregnant & gave birth to 4 kittens which we named: Ah Pui, Ah San, Ah Black & Ah Grey. Yeah, I know these names are so......CHEENA & noob, but to us, it was easy & affectionate.
My favourite?

Of course Ah Pui la. I realised I love things/furry animals that are male,fat & cream in colour. Ah Pui's like that, & Cartoon too!
I watched how those 4 kittens first slept in MC's arms, how she fed them, when they first opened their bright shiny eyes, their first walk. Sighs, this is such a walk down memory lane...
My dad liked the kittens alot, because apparently they brought him luck. It became a habit that he would buy fresh whole fishes (I don't know how to name them)in a carton to feed them as they grew older. Those nasty/naughty kitties soon learned to paw each other, to mew & I loved them all.

Ah Pui's favourite expression?



ME (just return home from school): AH PUI!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH TODAY! COME GIVE ME A BIGGGGG HUG!
Ah Pui (thinking): WA LAO EH. THIS GIRL EVERYDAY SQUEEZE ME UNTIL I'M GOING TO TURN INTO MY BROTHER'S SIZE (AH SAN). OKAY, TRY TO IGNORE HER, MAYBE IF I IGNORE THEN SHE CAN'T SEE ME.*


Sighs, those were the days.

When the kitties grew up to be full-fledged cats, they often ran around the neighbourhood because we stayed in a landed estate. My maid will just have to *krick krick* the thongs & all will come sprinting back for their fish.
Then the MC came back pregnant again, & this time she gave birth to 2: Tiger & Squeaky. The names match them to a tee. :)))

I watched all of them grow up, like a mother in my own way. I'd carry each of them one by one & ask them how was their day, why their face so du lan (Ah Pui only la. I think it's the main fixture & only emotion he has, lol.) etc.
At times, I'd be the one preparing their food. Preparing 7 fishes at one go aint easy, okay.


Then all of a sudden, they disappeared one by one. MC was the last to leave.
I tried searching for them in the neighbourhood, but didn't manage to find, not even Ah Pui.
We were so worried that they might have become Cat Curry (!!!!) as there was a house at the corner re-building, with many bangla workers.

Perhaps they were taken by SPCA, but we had collars for a couple of them & even called to check with SPCA. NOTHING.


Sighs...I miss having them around.


Xoxo.

No comments: